A New Kind of Twitter Chat: #SocialLeader
Chances are, you’ve been a loyal reader of the Switch & Shift blog for some time now. Our hope is that through our authors’ contributions and thought leadership, you’ve grown as a leader – and a human.
Today, we’re announcing a more personal way to engage with fellow members of the Switch & Shift community… a new way to grow and share:
Starting April 20th – and on each Monday at 8pm ET – our #SocialLeader Twitter chat will take on several elements of the human side of business:
- Social Leadership
- Workplace Optimism
- The Future of Work
- Millennial Leadership
- And more!
Above all else, #SocialLeader chat is a community of leaders – from the ambitious intern to the most experienced CEO – that believes “social” is more than a tool or technology… it’s a mindset from which we lead, innovate, collaborate and compete. Each week, we “Blue Unicorns” (because they are so rare, this what our co-host, Jim Claussen, calls truly social leaders) will gather to purposefully develop leadership skills that enable us to connect and create human value.
We’d love for you to join the conversation on April 20th, where our topic will be “New Era, New Expectations: The Rise of Social Leadership.” Better yet, invite a friend or colleague to join what is sure to be an inspiring weekly discussion! To help you do that, here’s a tweet you can cut and paste:
- Join me at #SocialLeader chat… Monday, 4-20 8pm ET! Our topic: “New Era, New Expectations: The Rise of Social Leadership”
Here’s a sneak peak at the questions we’ll be asking the community next Monday:
- Q1: Your thoughts? “Social isn’t a TOOL. Social is a MINDSET. It’s how we engage, innovate and compete.” #SocialLeader
- Q2: Is “social leadership” just another buzzword? Or are we seeing the end of Industrial Age management? #SocialLeader
- Q3: What aspects of our organizations might be most affected by social leadership? CX? HR? Relationships? #SocialLeader
- Q4: How do we know a “Blue Unicorn” (a Social Leader) when we see one? What traits do we look for? #SocialLeader
- Q5: How do we realign the mission or purpose of our company thru social? Can we change an entire culture? #SocialLeader
- Q6: There’s NO way my old-school CEO will become a top-down social leader. Can I lead from the middle out? #SocialLeader
- Q7: Which social leaders have already earned your respect? Who do you follow and emulate? (We want names!) #SocialLeader
- Q8: How much of a #SocialLeader are you? a) A troll but trying b) Still a pony c) Growing a horn d) A Blue Unicorn!
We hope to see you on Monday, April 20th at 8pm ET – and we hope you make #SocialLeader a regular stop on your journey through social media!
Have a topic idea for #SocialLeader chat? Want to serve as a guest host? Contact our Chat Commander and Social Media Manager, Lauren Kirkpatrick, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you like today’s post? If so you’ll love our frequent newsletter! Sign up HERE and receiveThe Switch and Shift Change Playbook, by Shawn Murphy, as our thanks to you!