Reprogram Your Mindware for Breakout Success
“Now that I know what I know about our human minds, I firmly believe the more every human on our planet understands how the mind works, the more we’ll be prepared to step into a whole new generation of performance, of communication, of motivation, of satisfaction!”
I dare you to talk to Rebel Brown for even five minutes and not feel pumped and ready to kick a significant amount of ass! This globetrotting Silicon-Valley-based strategist is also author of Defy Gravity, a phenomenal read, and The Influential Leader, which is out just in time for Christmas – or to stick on your shiny new Kindle as soon as you open it!
Now, I wouldn’t tell you to buy a book unless I’d read it and loved it – and let me tell you, with Rebel’s short, fast-paced style and down-to-earth deliver, this book will earn your love, as well.
A few excerpts from the beginning of our talk:
- “Our brains take in 11 billion bits of information each second through our senses. Our conscious minds only process 126 bits per second. Talk about Big Data! So the software running our unconscious minds, our mindware, decides what version of reality, what 126 bits out of 11 billion, we experience.”
- “Say we try sales, and we make ten cold calls and get told no ten times. Our unconscious minds wants to automate as many of our thoughts as possible, so it forms a program that says we’re no good at sales. Then you make another call and get another no and it reinforces the program, that you’re no good at sales.”
- “Imagine being able to understand that’s how the program works. Now we can look for ways to work around that, or reprogram our mindware, so we can change our beliefs and change our results.”
- “By the time we’re 17 years old, we’re told ‘You can’t’ 150,000 times, and ‘You can’ only 5,000 times. We’re inherently enabled with a mindware set that says ‘You can’t.’”
- …And just wait until she explains the role the herd instinct plays in fostering groupthink, and really, really unwise business decisions.
Please note that the video gets dicey right after we start, but you can hear us fine and it clears up right away. Now go ahead, strap yourself in and press play for some powerful REBELations coming your way!
Go to her Leaguer page HERE on Switch and Shift and read her brilliant blog posts.
Don’t forget to check out last week’s episode with the fabulous David Houle!
Did you like today’s post? If so you’ll love our frequent newsletter! Sign up HERE and receive The Switch and Shift Change Playbook, by Shawn Murphy, as our thanks to you!