How Do Social Leaders Encourage Diversity and Acceptance?
As technology evolves our world is getting smaller. Doing business across the globe is not a crazy idea anymore. Your vendors and customers can be located anywhere creating a diverse marketplace.
Even if you aren’t a global company, chances are your local neighborhood has started to become more diverse too. Which is why it’s incredibly important to create diverse teams in your workplace.
How does a social leader encourage diversity though? Are there steps you have to take to get started? What does a diverse and accepted workforce look like?
Tonight #SocialLeader chat is taking on these questions and more. Here’s a sneak peek at what we will be asking…get your answers ready!
- Is our global marketplace becoming more diverse? Are organizations and leaders aligning to this trend?
- Tell us about a time when you saw diversity make a real impact. What made that moment memorable?
- What role does social play in diversity? Are more voices able to participate in the conversation now?
- Your thoughts? “HR isn’t helping my team’s lack of diversity. Sometimes, it seems HR is the problem.”
- Everyone says they’re all for diversity. But what do we do when actions & history don’t match our words?
- How do #BlueUnicorns help avoid group-think? How do we tap into and present wider points of view?
- Is there such a thing as “positive stereotypes?” For example: “Women are more empathetic bosses.”
- How can a #SocialLeader lead by example? How do we look past gender, age, and race and more to build the best team?
Join us tonight at 8pm ET for another rebellious discussion. Here’s an easy tweet to share with your network: