Calling All Rebel Leaders!
#SocialLeader Chat is a weekly Twitter conversation for modern mavericks—the “Blue Unicorns”—who believe that social is a mindset; an essential way to engage today’s workforce, customers, partners, influencers and stakeholders.
Each Monday at 8pm we’ll come together on Twitter to share, discuss, and develop the leadership skills that enable us to connect, belong, and create meaningful human value in today’s businesses.
How Do I Participate?
Participating in these timely conversations is simple using common (and free) Twitter chat tools:
- TweetDeck or Hootsuite: Create a column with the #SocialLeader hashtag
- Tweetchat.com: Enter #SocialLeader in the Search function
Ground Rules of #SocialLeader Chat
In order to facilitate a safe, collaborative conversation, #SocialLeader chat will have three guidelines:
- Whenever possible, avoid platitudes and clichés: to make a real difference, and to extend the conversation, bring your best stuff each week!
- Please, no promotional tweets or links until the networking segment in the last 5 minutes.
- While learning, collaborating and mentoring, be an active listener and positive participants…we will not feed the trolls.
What’s a Blue Unicorn?
Jim Claussen, one of the co-hosts of #SocialLeader chat, coined the term “Blue Unicorn” to describe just how rare the Social Leader really is in today’s business world. As noted in A World Gone Social by Mark Babbitt and Ted Coiné, Jim says: “The social leader is so rare that it isn’t as if we’re looking for any unicorn… we’re looking for a specific color of unicorn.”
Our continuous goal at #SocialLeader chat: to discover and develop more Blue Unicorns!