Tap Your Inner #HRockstar
“We’re all in charge of our own careers and we know that best, so communicate that and then people can help you.” – Johann Gauthier
Career advice worth following from today’s guest, Johann Gauthier, founder of the #HRockstars group and a strategic leader among leaders in the field of Human Resources.
- On his passion for playfully performing: “When we are at work, we don’t leave our identity at the door. We bring our best selves, we lead an integrated life. That really speaks to workforce engagement: when there’s room to experiment, then people can really bring their best.”
- “As a manager and as an employee, we feed off one another. The relationship you build allows you to go to another level.”
- “We don’t need permission; we should not wait for our superiors to bring our best.”
- “Asking the right question is an art. The fun part of working is when you can have those challenging discussions, where everything’s on the table and we can remake the world.”
- “The seat at the table is there for HR, but HR needs to be more strategic.”
All of this is in the first few minutes of our conversation – just wait until I push Johann a little on the stigma HR pros often face as guardians of the company’s process: the way he pushes back is must view (and must-use!) for all Human Resources leaders.
Connect with Johann and enjoy his blog HERE.
Be sure to attend the weekly #HRockstar G+ hangout, Wednesday nights 6-7 PM ET.
Did you like today’s post? If so you’ll love our frequent newsletter! Sign up HERE and receive The Switch and Shift Change Playbook, by Shawn Murphy, as our thanks to you!
Image credit- darkink / 123RF Stock Photo