The Secret to Being a Better Boss with @GMagenta
Being a manager, or boss, is not easy. Managers need to balance their workload and inspire their team to do their best work. It takes patience, tenacity, grit, even humor to juggle the demands of being the boss.
So, I thought it was important to take time to look at what makes a great boss. I invited author and consultant Gary Magenta, VP of Root. Root is a boutique consultancy that focuses on “strategy execution through people.”® They do phenomenal work in helping organizations set strategy through highly engaging practices.
In this Work That Matters interview, Gary and I use his book The Un-bossy Boss to explore the elements to being a better boss that unlocks the potential in people.
We’ll discuss the key secret to being a great boss. Be sure to listen for the secret. We unveil it at the beginning of the interview.
- Managers are linchpins, bringing out the best in others
- Why investing in manager development is key to business and team success
- How to overcome, “I don’t have enough time to coach my employees”
- The importance of transitioning from “Yell & Tell” to asking questions
- Construction of powerful questions
Connect with Gary Magenta & A Few Goodies
Root Online Newsletter – Watercooler [no need to subscribe]
“Driving Insights through People” [White Paper PDF]