When Girl Meets Oil, a Fascinating Show Ensues
Today’s show features Christine Bader, the author of The Evolution of a Corporate Idealist: When Girl Meets Oil. She is a Visiting Scholar and Lecturer at Columbia University, where she co-teaches a course on Human Rights and Business, and a Human Rights Advisor to BSR (Business for Social Responsibility).
After earning her MBA from Yale in 2000, Christine joined BP (yes, that BP) and proceeded to work in Indonesia, China, and the U.K., managing the social impacts of some of the company’s largest projects in the developing world. Join us as we discuss…
- Her love of BP and idealism for the power of business to make the world a better place…
- Her loathing of BP and her cynicism toward big business…
- Her current view, which is a little closer to the middle of those two extremes.
I always say the success or failure of any interview lies with the talent and dynamism of the guest – really, we hosts can only screw up a good thing when we pick the right people to share with our audience. Well, guess what? Christine is humble, brilliant, and clever: the winning trifecta for a truly fascinating interview!
You will love her stories of success and caution, her advice for corporate idealists like herself, and her outlook for the future of the human side of business.
- Buy Christine’s book in the Business Heretic’s Bookstore, The Evolution of a Corporate Idealist: When Girl Meets Oil
- Visit http://christinebader.com
- Follow Christine on Twitter @christinebader
- Bonus! Read what The New York Times has to say about her book HERE
Dont forget to check out last week’s episode with Vineet Nayar!
Did you like today’s post? If so you’ll love our frequent newsletter! Sign up HERE and receive The Switch and Shift Change Playbook, by Shawn Murphy, as our thanks to you!
Image credit: Kamaga / 123RF Stock Photo