Why Businesses Must Stand Up for What They Believe
(Can’t listen to the podcast? Check it out here)
According to business owner, designer and author Brian Sooy, a business must know what it stands for to make a difference. In this episode of Work That Matters, Shawn explores with Brian what the elements are to be a business that is clear on what it stands for – what it’s cause is. We dip into Brian’s book Raise Your Voice to guide the conversation.
Determine what your business’s cause is. Here’s a small version of Cause Manifesto Poster that Brian created.
- Communicating your cause to create alignment
- Aligning your communications to your business’s calling
- Reconnecting with your business’s mission
- The four personalities of a cause (interesting stuff!)
Quotes from Brian
- “And I want them to remember that I did work that matters and that I did work that was significant.”
- “Companies, I think, have lost their way. They just see profits as being the endgame.”
- “The brand is what your customers or your audience or your constituents think about you.”
- “I believe that the cause and then the mission of an organization combined are what define the purpose.”
- “Character and purpose then combine to create culture.”
Connect with Brian
Did you like today’s post? If so you’ll love our frequent newsletter! Sign up HERE and receive The Switch and Shift Change Playbook, by Shawn Murphy, as our thanks to you!
Copyright: zagandesign / 123RF Stock Photo