Why Businesses Need to Have a Good Job Strategy
(Can’t listen to the podcast? Check it out here)
Professor and author Zeynep Ton (coolest name ever!) is passionate about helping businesses understand how to create a good job strategy. These are jobs that help the business grow through investing in employees. It’s a people first approach.
Zeynep distinguishes bad jobs from good jobs in her book [easyazon_link asin=”0544114442″ locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”achievstrate-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]The Good Jobs Strategy[/easyazon_link] in the following way.
|Bad Jobs||Good Jobs|
We invest much of our waking time working. Why not have it be a positive force in our lives. Businesses today have the ability and influence to make it a positive experience. Zeynep believes it’s a must-to for organizations to be profitable.
• How the most successful businesses inspire employees to find connection with customers
• How great operations helps employees find meaning and dignity in work
• The business value of transitioning to a good jobs strategy
• Where companies can get started in making the transition to good job strategy
• The relationship of the human element in great operations
(Can’t see the video? Check it out here)
Quotes from Zeynep
• “Businesses have a responsibility for creating organizations that satisfy multiple stakeholders.”
• “When you see labor just as a cost, you try to minimize the cost, and the result is millions of bad jobs.”
• “It was through operations that companies make jobs better.”
• “…If we take care of our employees and if we take care of our customers, it will provide long-term value to shareholders.”
Connect with Zeynep
Did you like today’s post? If so you’ll love our frequent newsletter! Sign up HERE and receive The Switch and Shift Change Playbook, by Shawn Murphy, as our thanks to you!
Copyright: alphaspirit / 123RF Stock Photo